In this 2 -2 1/2 hour class we will cover
* A little history
* Sour beer-producing countries – Belgium, Germany, USA
* How sour beers are made
* The microflora that cause beer to become sour, and their associated flavours
* Is Wild the same as Sour?
* Sour beer styles. (Gueuze VS Gose!)
* A little about wood-aging
* Sensory evaluation of sour beer
* Pairing sour beer with food
And- we’ll taste a bunch of different types!
(NOTE: This is not a class on how to brew sour beer.)
We will be tasting 8 – 9 sour beers – Gueuze, Belgian sour fruit lambic, Berliner Weisse, Gose, American Sour, East & West Flanders, and a Brettanomyces-fermented beer.
$55/student/ $50 Fermenta: Michigan Women’s Craft Collective members. Includes all beer samples and handouts.